OREO is the world’s favorite cookie, enjoyed by families and friends in more than 100 countries around the world. As one of Kraft Foods brands, OREO is the best-selling biscuit of the 21st century. The OREO cookie twist, lick and dunk ritual has become the signature way to enjoy this iconic cookie for many different cultures around the world. OREO has a Facebook community of more than 25 million OREO lovers around the globe, representing 200+ countries and dozens of different languages. OREO ranks among the top five brand Facebook pages in the world.
In honor of the Oreo 100th Birthday I baked delicious Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes using the box of Birthday Cake Oreo cookies that I received.
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
Makes 30. Adapted from MS.