First I made a rub for my chicken breasts and cooked them in the oven. While the chicken breasts were cooking, we chopped the vegetables. Jalapeños, green onions and red onions complemented the BBQ sauce well. Since it's was a weekday and we wanted dinner to be made quickly, we used Dempster's Pita Pockets as a base to make things more convenient.
While eating the pizza, we liked the little spicy kick it had. When it came time to eat, we dropped some arugula salad on top of the pizza for some color and veggies. This pizza will be on the menu again this Spring. Do you make pizza at home? If so, what toppings do you like on your pizza?
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
450g Boneless, Skinless Breasts
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp pepper
4 Pita Pockets
4 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
1 cup grated pizza cheese
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/4 cup red onions, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a pan with parchment paper. To make rub mix garlic salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and pepper together. Rub on top of chicken, place in the oven and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or a meat thermometer registers 165F.
2. In the meantime, divide the BBQ sauce on top of the 4 pita pockets. Add 1/4 cheese on each pita.
3. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and slice.
4. Turn to oven to 425F.
5. Divide the chicken on each pita pockets.
6. Garnish each pizza with jalapeño peppers, red onions and green onions.
7. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish each pizza with Arugula, if using.
(We tried Artichoke Hearts for one pizza but we prefer without)