It's Friday and we are getting ready to enjoy a nice, warm week-end. Recently I received the cookbook Spices & Seasons written by Rinku Bhattacharya. Rinku is a mother of two, and her recipes are family-friendly. Like other families, with busy schedules, she wants to cook meals that are healthy and nutritious.
Spices & Seasons features more than 150 recipes, many are gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian. This book about Indian cooking is all about flavors and freshness without spending hours in the kitchen. Each recipes comes with a picture of the dish.
- Appetizers & Small Plates: in this chapter you will find recipes like Split Pean and Red Onion Fritters; Short-cut Vegetable Samosas; Hint of Spice Shrimp Cakes; Kale and Potato Patties
- Salads, Condiments & Chutney: in this chapter you can try recipes like Essential Indian Chopped Salad; Roasted Bell Pepper Chutney; Monsoon Mango Salsa; Quick Carrot Pickle
- Soups & Lentils: Split Pea Soup with Cilantro and Chorizo; Lazy Mulligatawny Soup; Fragrant Brown Lentil Soup; Split Gram Lentils with Cabbage
- Eggs, Paneer & Tofu: you will find recipes like Creamy Coconut Egg Curry; Masala Omelet Frittata; Grilled Tandoori Tofu with Onions; Cubed Paneer Stir-Fry with Kale and Bell Peppers
- Vegetables: this chapter includes recipes like Comforting Cauliflower and Potato Medley; South Indian Potato and Mixed Vegetable Curry; Broccoli with Toasted Cashew Nuts
- Fish & Shellfish: in this chapter you will find recipes like Fragrant Shrimp with Whole Spices and Coconut Milk; Super Simple Fish Curry; Chickpea Flour-Crusted Fish
- Meat & Poultry: this chapter includes recipes like Lamb Curry with Mint and Apricots; Chili Basil Chicken; Chicken in a Creamy Yogurt Sauce; Classic Chicken Curry
- Indian for the Holidays: in this chapter you can try recipes like Red Harvest Masala Cornish Hens; Mashed Potatoes with Mustard and Chives; Pineapple and Ginger Spiced Ham
- Rice, Grains & Pasta: Saffron Rice Pilaf with Cashew Nuts; Lentil and Quinoa Pilaf; Shrimp and Coconut Biryani; Spicy Golden Vermicelli with Curry Leaves and Peanuts
- Flatbreads & Crepes: Rotis - Whole Wheat Flatbreads; Parathas - Pan-Fried Whole Wheat Flatbreads; Spicy Potato-Filled Whole Wheat Flatbreads/Parathas; Flat Leavened Naan
- Desserts & Sweet Drinks: Cardamom Soaked Doughnuts; Raspberry Kulfi Ice Cream with a Blackberry Garnish; Fresh Ginger Apple Chai Cake; Mango Lassi; Masala Chai